Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Broadcast Call

Arun Neelambaran

Systems Engineer
Jul 30, 2024
AE
Need help for this problem:

One of my client need to Make Broadcast call to all phone without take the receiver. Means When he make the Broadcast (Announcement Call) the client phones need to hear the announcements in the speaker without taking the receiver

It is called a page. Create a page group with a limit of 64 users and create a button or short code to page the group.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I tried this but the users need to take call. I need the user no need to take call its like an announcement in the speaker phone. It is possible?

Yes its possible, but not if you are going to deluge us with questions that contain the minimum of information.

You say you tried that - tried what? What short code of button did you add? to what type of IP Office? On what release of IP Office software? Paging from what type of phone to what type of phone?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

you cannot call that group, you either have to have a Page button or create a shortcode for it and then you can put that on a button or dial it

dial paging
Line ID doesn't matter

Where 123 is the group number that you want to page

If you have multiple groups for different floors or parts of the building you can create several shortcodes or create a generic one and have to then dial the group number

*22xxx
dial paging
N

the xxx is then the group number and you have to dial it as part of the shortcode

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back