Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Broadband Router for Mitel handset

Status
Not open for further replies.

boycey9

Programmer
Mar 28, 2006
GB
Anyone using a Broadband Router/Modem that supports BT ADSL (FTTC) without separate modem and also has a POE port that will power a Mitel phone, looking for recommendations thanks.

We sometimes use LTE modems that connect to the Cell network.

I'm in Canada though, not GB

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Nah just get a 5 port PoE switch and use that. I have never seen a BB router with PoE ports. Draytek are supposed to have one but I understand its about £700....gulp.

I agree with the PoE switch (or injector) suggestion, if this is for a business you could try looking at a Fortigate/FortiWiFi 60E-DSL.

Here are the DSL standards that the 60E-DSL supports:
[ul]
[li]ANSI T1.413 Issue 2, ETSI ADSL over ISDN (TS 101 388)[/li]
[li]ITU-T G.dmt (G.992.1) (ADSL) – Annex A[/li]
[li]ITU-T G.dmt.bis (G.992.3) (ADSL2) – Annex A, Annex L, Annex M[/li]
[li]ITU-T G.dmt.plus (G.992.5) (ADSL2+) – Annex A, Annex M[/li]
[li]ITU-T VDSL2 (G.993.2) – All profiles 8a, 8b, 8c, 8d, 12a, 12b, 17a_EU32 – Annex A, C (all regions)[/li]
[li]ITU-T VDSL1 (G.993.1), ITU-T G.993.5, ITU-T G.998.4[/li]
[/ul]

-b

That isn't PoE on the network ports though.....according to the specs on the link.

Yes that's correct, the Fortigate 60E-DSL doesn't come with PoE, you would need to get a PoE injector or switch.

The Cisco 880G has DSL + POE.

What does this router need to support, how many devices?

-b

4 ports would probably be enough but 5 would be a better option, I have a Cisco 880 in my drawer which says it has 2 ports of POE but I was under the impression there was no firewall support on these and the point of this was to cut down on devices so I could end up in much the same situation.
Any one used a Ubiquiti ERPoe-5 as on a quick search it seems to have all the requirements but will have a further read up later.

Ubiquiti ERPoe-5 doesn't seem to support any broadband except maybe VDSL....so you should be OK. problems with throughput reported when bridging the ports to make it sork for FTTC though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back