Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bridged Appearances on 9608 Sip phones Avaya Aura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loopback55

Vendor
Jun 19, 2012
US
We have noticed when you assign 2 bridged appearances of lets say ext 5123 on a 9608. When both appearances are in use on the phone you can not transfer one of the calls.You hit transfer and the call does not go on hold and a dial tone is not present to transfer the call.
If I add a third bridged appearance then I can transfer one of the two lines in use. Is there a way to correct this or is it inherent to the System?
Thanks

It can be finnicky.

So, you always need a call appearance to conference or transfer. Your phone usually has on page 2 a feature called restrict last appearance that saves the 3rd appearance to let you xfer a call.

Then you have Idle Line Preference and Bridged Idle Line preference...

Is it possible that the way you've got it set up that your phone is trying to take an idle brdg-appr of 5123 instead of an idle call-appr of whatever it's extension is?

I wouldn't be surprised if things played a little different in SIP, but its something pretty inherent to playing with line appearances on phones.

I would second the comments from Kyle , start off by assigning x3 call appearance , reserve the last call appearance on page 2 of the station form , then add your bridged appearances one at a time and run your test scenario and see where it breaks. At that point again as Kyle suggests play with the preference settings.

You will most likely find you just don't have the settings quite correct for the scenario you are trying to implement.

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

I believe you could make a call pickup group so then you can transfers 4 of 5 appearance if they have to.

Thanks for the information it helped us a lot. Understanding how the idle line and bridged line programming works did the trick.
We are going to work on installing cover answer groups in this department with add on modules. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back