Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BP question: dial through extension after announcenment

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIMSwitch

Technical User
Nov 20, 2002
DE
Hi all,

i have a question regarding BP.
I want to exchange an existing NEC with a BP 250. The problem is that the NEC has only analog public lines without ddi and an automatic operator with the possibillity to dial through the extension after an announcement is played.
Does anybody know if this is possible with BP. VMU exists.

Many thanks.
limswitch

Have you tried answering the incoming trunk with an Auto Attendant that asks the user to enter the extension number they require?

Hi,

no i don't. The system is far away from me but i am trying to prepare myself to the change.
I have a system file from bms. Is it possible to setup this offline... I have seen an example in the instructions for BP that describe the scenario. So i think its possible. Do you have any experience with the AA or automatted operator?

Thanks

If You have a manual - You can try to adjust the Auto Attendant itself - it is described in detail.
But there are nuances:
- Public line should work in DTMF (no pulse).
- As a rule, you must install the Busy Tone Detectors to a public line (if the caller hang up without dialing the extension number may freeze line).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back