Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Boss / Secretary Share Mailbox MICS / Flash VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

skip555

Technical User
Apr 26, 2002
US
Mics 4.1 with Flash VM . Customer says the way it used to work , call came to Boss’s ext via DID , rang twice then forward to Secretary ext ring four times then go to secretary mailbox and leave a message . They said it worked that way for years then they had someone in to try to set up the same thing on another extension. Now it no longer works

I have DID to boss Extension, ring twice, forward to secretary, ring 4 times, forward to VM . It works but then the call goes to Boss mailbox. That would be OK if it did that but secretary had notification of messages. (secretary doesn’t need her own MB )
Any suggestion on how I can accomplish this ?

A bit confused....calls go to his mailbox but she gets the notification on her screen?

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

currently the message goes to his mailbox with notification on his extn. I was asking if she can receive notification of it or can we have the forwarded call go her MB ?

Goal is a shared MB with notification going to her ext.

I don't think Flastalk has the "Alternate Ext" option under F983/MBOX/XXX like the newer system where you could add several ext's to have notification on the screen (as long as those ext's did not have their own mailbox).

You could set up his mailboxes Off Prem Notify to call INTernal to her DN during what ever hours you setup.
F983/MBOX/XXX/Off Pren Notify = Y
F981/ADMIN/Option 6 to set it up.

What ext numbers are they? who has which?

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

4510 boss , 4519 Secretary

I didn't see anything under 983 for multiple extn notifications under MB 4510 or 4519 menu

off course she insists it "used to work " how many times have customers insisted that the system used to do something that we know it cant do ?

Maybe its time to quiz them further on exactly what used to happen and exactly how they accessed it

Could be the message notification is what was happening before

Thanks , Curlycord

Brian ,I use your guides all the time I used the partner one this afternoon , they're a great resource thanks for sharing them

Yes quiz the hell in deed.

The call would go to the lowest DN so the Boss in your case.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Here's what I wound up doing and its working now

His DID appear and ring both phones
His forwards after two rings to her
DID prime to Secretary extn

so it rings his phone twice , her phone 6 times then goes to her mailbox

that's what they where looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search