Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bootlog

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNDaffy

Technical User
Mar 26, 2001
US
I have a screen that comes up during my windows boot up that ws part of a windows scheme I downloaded ages ago. I have since deleted the whole program and still cna't get rid of thesse screens when I startup and shutdown! What can I do?

Open up Windows Explorer. Go to view then I think (Been a while since I used Win98) options. On the second tab tou want to make sure that SHOW ALL FILES is checked. Then go to the C: drive and DELETE the LOGO.SYS file. Then reboot. All should be fine after that. James Collins
Systems Support Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

Thank you for your help so what would a screen at shutdown be called?

Logos.sys (It is now safe to turn off your computer) and Logow.sys (Windows is shutting down)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back