Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bogen UTI1 on trunk port

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
Customer had old IP 400 and Bogen UTI1 on a trunk port. Line appearance on all phones. Paging worked immediately. Now on 406ATM on IP 500V2A, there is a delay. I put in a short code *60 to line group 10 and dial * to get the unit to respond. We still wait about 2 seconds then see Connected on the phone display then paging works ok. Is there a way to shorten the delay?

I am not inclined to switch it to analog port. Bogen unit is quite old and am not going down the road of replacing AMP or speakers.

Viking Electronics AIB-1 and a station port will work flawlessly with the UTI1, however on the Analog Trunk that you're currently using, try setting the "Await Dial Tone" timer to 0

Why can't you use a line appearance on the 500??? Maybe I am missing something.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I tried the line appearance and it felt like the delay was very very long. I suppose that await tone is the reason. I did not think to change that.

i had this a long time ago and i think i added a prefix to the line and it helped. It may be worth a shot. not sure why it helped but i think it did. I think it only helped with a line appearance and not a short code.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

Now that kwing mentions that I too seem to recall needing to have the IPO put out a short DTMF burst on some of the Bogen UTIs. Can't recall which versions. They work just fine when used as an analog page port because of the preannounce tone the page uses.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

On the old IP 400 the trunk is Loop start with no prefix. Connected quickly. On the new IP 500V2 A, trunk is also loop start. I added prefix but found it worked a little faster (seemingly) using a Dial short code and dialing *. Still takes about 2 seconds for the phone to show 'Connected' so maybe that is the await dial tone delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back