Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO reports 'closing' BO client

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaellaw

IS-IT--Management
Mar 25, 2004
GB
Hi,

We have 3 reports that users access that are closing (crashing) the BO client to the desktop without error messages. Other users that use these reports report no problems.

We have carried out a clean install on each of the workstations (XP SP1) and cleared out the users profiles but the problem remains.

All other reports work fine.

BO client is 4.1.4

Scratching my head and awaiting a prompt reply :)

You're really on 4.1.4? The fact that it works at all with XP is a miracle.

Steve Krandel
Symantec

The servers are running V5 on win2k but thats due to us having a DB2 backend for the repository.

Moving shortly to V6 on win2k3

I remember version 4. They still had cute technical guides in a box. In fact I didn't even have any kiddies!
What a time it was. Can't recall version 4 ever crashing either. But, then we were on W95! :)

Ties Blom
Information analyst

This may or may not help, but we've run into a similar problem with one particular report running on v5; about half of our users can refresh with no problem, while the other half get crashes consistently.

We haven't got around to experimenting yet, but do know that this report's query returns a very large data set. Then we have 5 or 6 large crosstabs that summarize the info at different levels of detail. Probably something about all the memory usage on the client PC to group and subtotal all those crosstab columns. When time permits, we'll try narrowing down the query and maybe splitting the report into two or three separate files.

Best of luck.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back