Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bluetooth on 1140

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHerm

Technical User
Jun 12, 2008
US
Trying to use Bluetooth on 1140. Hit the services button twice, and bluetooth option is grayed out. Went into the manual config of the phone and found nothing. Firmware version on the phone is 0625C6E. Any ideas?

You need 2 startup the 1140e and use the adminpassword. This menu u can activate Bluetooth,

Chris

Yep, Chris is right. By default Bluetooth is disabled on the 1140 & 1150. You need to enable it under network configuration. It is the last option on the screen.

plug in a usb mouse on the side of the set and right click anywhere on the screen. you'll get a menu, select 1, then 3. click enable blue tooth there.

You may need to put the password in though! color*set

You can also access the config menu by pressing the Services button twice.

Did the admin passwork and the bluetooth option is grayed out. Anything else we should be looking at?

You may need to reboot the phone and enter the config menu during startup, then set bluetooth to YES.

allenmac, that is what i did. Still grayed out, will not let me get to it. Very confusing, seems like a simple thing to turn on. Is it something in the config of the phone on the pbx/signaling servers?

I have always turned this option on in the phone. The set itself is bluetooth capable.

There are no options for enabling or restricting bluetooth outside of the set.

I am running firmware version 0625C39 on my phone, which is a bit older than your version.

What happens if you press the headset button twice? I get the headset menu, where I can enable/disable bluetooth, and administer all of the bluetooth options.

nothing comes up when i hit the headset button twice

I just set 'Enable Bluetooth:' to NO on my phone, rebooted, and when I press the headset button twice, nothing happens.

Do you even see the 'Enable Bluetooth:' field in the network configruation menu?

Yes, i see it. It's grayed out and it says enable bluetooth - no. But even when we go in under the admin login into the phone, it's still grayed out.

Is this an issue with all of your 1140's or just one?

I would suspect a bad phone if it is just one phone.

Can you downgrade the firmware on a phone or 2 for testing?

we can try. i'll let our lead engineer know to try this and post results.

with the firmware that you're running (0625C6E),

1. plug in a usb mouse
2. right click and select 4
3. enter pwd: 26567*738 and click ok
4. select 3 to disable menu lock
5. right click and chose 1
6. chose 3 and select enable BT and pair up the headset then exit

Tried that too, bluetooth still grayed out

You could also take advantage of the Nortel-i2004-B DHCP string provided in Unistim 3.0 which provides for enabling or disabling the Bluetooth setting via DHCP.

Parameter: bt
Value: ‘y’ yes
‘n’ no
Description:
Enable Bluetooth (IP Phone 1140E and 1150E only)

An example DHCP configuration string is as per the following:

Nortel-i2004-B,s1ip=47.11.62.20;p1=4100;a1=1;r1=255;s2ip=47.11.62.21;p2=4100;a2=1;r2=2;xip=47.11.62.147;xp=5000;xa=g;menulock=p;vq=y;vcp=3;vmp=4;vlanf=y;pc=y;pcs=a;pcd=a;dq=y;dv=y;dvip=60;dp=5;pcuntag=y;

Just add bt=y to the your string and you're good to go. (If you've configured your IP phones to ignore the DHCP info block, you'll have to touch every phone to reset them to factory default.)

You will want to read the full bulletin if you have any Phase 1 or Phase 0 i200x phones in your environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back