Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking Incoming Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

eileenc

Technical User
Aug 5, 2003
US
I am using OTM - I need to block all incoming calls, but be able to dial out external. I have done this before, but for some reason am unable to get it to work through OTM.

system wide or just one station

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Blocked to existing phones or new sets? Is this temorary or permanent? If existing can you change the numbers to non-DID? and if new just program them as non-DID.

It is a permanent new line. Isn't there something I need to change in the NCOS?

Best way is to change it to a NON DID. If you are blocking incoming calls, then why waste a DID? Clean simple and done in under a minute.

Except for the inevitable "I've had this number for years and I'm not giving it up" that you're gonna get if you change.

Who cares what the number is, if there is no inbound traffic. As the administrator, how can you justify wasting a did when you could us a non did.

Thanks for all your input. Another question - they have now decided it CAN receive incoming calls, but want to block outgoing calls to only local(one area code).

NCOS... Not knowing how your switch is programmed but usally make the NCOS of 1 on that set and that should allow local calls only. You will need to check the FRLs to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back