Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking caller id

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasmundo

Technical User
Mar 22, 2008
US
Hello all, i have a 406 4.0 and i'm trying to block caller id from going out, i've already removed it from short codes and still caller id shows up, service provider says they can not block it, how can i remove it from individual users and or system wide? any suggestions thanks

pasmundo,
Westi's response should help you out. You are correct in this forum being for professionals helping professionals, "INTELLIGENT WORK FORUMS
FOR COMPUTER PROFESSIONALS".

The PA is not hard to get for someone with your experience, and would steer you around many pitfalls, and problems. I would really not advise starting anywhere that does not include getting your PA before you get into the IPO, unless you are working on an in-house system, or have a PA tech to walk you through things at least. This forum is full of postings of nightmares from people who thought they could jump in on the IPO, and not have system outages, or even processors which could not be recovered.
The IPO does not have those pop-up windows that stop you from doing harmful things to your system you are the only real wizard for the system as the tech. For instance, it will allow you to upgrade your system to a release of firmware which is not compatible with your hardware which can disable digital ports on your processor, or even make your processor into an expensive paper weight unrecoverable.

The NSW shortcode worked for pasmundo.

@Pasmundo

Don't let our bickering scare you away. You are fine asking questions here. Also as aarenot said w/ your experience getting your PA/certification would not be a problem.

This forum is designed for professionals helping professionals. Some people abuse that and also tend to mislead their customers and pose as IPO certified.

Hope all is working well for you and its been a pleasure helping you.

Chris
ACA- Implement IP Office

pasmundo,
Welcome to the IPO forum, good to have you. I need a vacation, don't let my iritability bother you. Duffman may have explained my iritability, but only I can apoligize for it, so I am sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back