Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking anonymous incoming calls (without CLID) on spesific incoming call route

Status
Not open for further replies.

koulioumbis

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2009
GR
Hello team.
i need to Block anonymous incoming calls (without CLID) on spesific incoming call route while i need to permit anonymous calls on another icoming call route on same IPO system.
Is it possible?
How to achieve this?
thanks

Nikos

should be doable.

For the ICR you want to block all calls without CLID on do this:
Line group:0
Incoming Number: the DDI you want to block non-CLID calls on e.g 4161231234
Incoming CLID:? or ! (? means number not available. ! means CLID is withheld) You'll have to test with both depending on what your provider is sending you. I suspect that ! is the one you want
Destination: create a unique shortcode e.g. *6001 / Barred, insert this shortcode in this field. An alternative would be to send the call to an AA (with no actions) or VM Module (message, followed with a disconnect) that tells the caller that calls are not accepted at this number when CLID is blocked or withheld. If you want to do this the destination is AA:NoCLID, or VM:NoCLID, assuming that NoCLID is the name you gave the AA or the VM Module.

Test it from a phone you can block CLID on.

If it works, only calls to 4161231234, which are withholding CLID should be blocked. The ICR can be copied (same DDI), the incoming number field = ! blanked out, and calls which do not withhold CLID can be sent to another destination (user/group/AA etc.)

GB

Just leave the target empty, then the caller hears a error message from the provider in stead of a busy tone as if the number does not excists.

Intrigrant said:
Just leave the target empty, then the caller hears a error message from the provider in stead of a busy tone as if the number does not excists.
Unfortunately later releases of manager do not seem to allow this (I always thought it was a nicer way to achieve this as it did not confirm the eixstance of the number :) )

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back