Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bleed Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

GroundRatt

IS-IT--Management
Apr 19, 2002
US
I have a G3r v11 switch that has recently started having phone conversation bleed over. It is not limited to one board or cabinet. And it is random. We had an upgrade about a month ago. Has anyone had this problem? All the complaints seem to be with digital phones. Scince we are a hospital this is a very serious issue. Any suggestions????

Can you be more specific on the bleed over problem. Can both sides hear each other as well as their connecting parties. Additionally I'm assuming you're using digital circuits for your incoming/outbound?

We did have a similar problem. Our Definity G3r has ATM connectivity instead of a Switch-Node Carrier as our Center Stage Switch. Part of the problem was the synchronization in the PBX. Make certain of your synchronization source. Ours is set to the Cajun M770 instead of the public network. The other thing we had to do was activate Echo cancellation for all our DS1's. If you have this remember to also turn it on it the "change trunk-group X" screen.

Hope this is helpful

BHanson

groundrat you and I have alot in common. I too administer a G3r V11 for a Texas Hopital. I don't have cross talk on my phones but if I can be of any help just ask. gil.guevara@valleybaptist.net

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

We have had a problem where the bleed over was to a FM radio station. Someone was listening to the radio and was able to listen to a conference call. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Did you guys figure out what this is? I think I'm experiencing something like this. I get crosstalk, or bleed over on random calls (a few a month).

Agents hear other agents, but not the customer.
They also get lots of static with that.

So for example, agent 1 is on a call with caller 1.
Agent 2 gets a call with caller 2. At the same time, agent 1 gets the audio from agent 2 & a lot of static, but only agent 2's audio. Never the customer. Also the cross over volume is very loud. Neither customer 1 or customer 2 hear the cross talk or static.

Agents are all on Digital lines 6408D+ and the lines are all T1. Calls have even crossed over from different trunk groups so I'm pretty sure the problem is on our side and not the telco.

I've called my Avaya maintenance provider but they never heard about something like this. They've changed the digital line card TN2224 but didn't help. They now want to change the Expansion cabinet interface TN570 but I'm not sure this will help.

Anyone ever get something like this or know of a specific fix (ie maybe a service pack?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back