Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bitmap (or other) as background

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpmrob

Technical User
Apr 23, 2003
CA
Hi:

I would like to use a bmp of a standard company cheque and then overlay objects (eg. text box) on the cheque. When I set a bmp file as a picture, the cheque is not displayed until I do a print or print preview. It would be nice to have the bmp displayed while the form is open for input.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Rob

It should be displaying. What are your settings?
I have

Picture.............File location(C:\whatever)
Picture Type........Embedded
Picture Size Mode...Clip

What are your settings?

Dave

You are saying that the picture does not display until you do a print or print preview. Do you want the picture in a report or a form?
Which version of Access are you using?

Dave

I am trying develop a form in which a user can print one cheque. He/She enters the information (date, amount, cheque number, name, address) in a form and I would like to have a bmp of a blank cheque "under" all the entry fields (text boxes) and print the form out (or convert it to a report and print out).

I am using Access 97, but I was wondering if it would work with XP. I think the end-user is still using 97 so I was trying that first.

Thanks for your interest!

Rob

I am not sure with Acc97. I know for sure it will work with Acc2002(have that at home) and use Acc2000 at work. I have emmbedded pictures on several forms that work all the time. Have you tried to create a new blank form and add the picture to that to see if it works? You might also check the properties of the Detail Section to make sure that the Display When is set to Always. I am really confused with this particular problem. Let me know what you come up with.

Dave

Also, another thought. You might try changing the file type to something else like a jpg. Worth a try.

Dave

I'll try it 2002 and let you know.

While I have your attention: have you ever tried printing a report using a postscript file as a template ? If this is of any interest, I'll write back with more details.

Thanks again Dave,

Rob

Have never tried printing using a postscript file as a template. I am intrigued though.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back