Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best way to deploy Definity-style Call Pickup group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjt20one

Technical User
Oct 31, 2008
US
I'm trying to duplicate how pickup groups are done in the Definity switches. In the Definity, any member of a CP group can answer any call to another extension in the group and can see the 'to-and-from' ID on the screen for calls to other extensions. I also programmed each extension's 'call-pkup' feature button to not ring. All while not being in any hunt groups.

So basically, 10 extensions are all within ear-shot of each other in the office. Employee A hears a call coming into another extension and I want Emp A to be able to look at their extension, see the caller ID for this call and answer it if they want to. Without the Emp A's extension audibly ringing. And without these 10 extensions being in the same hunt group.

Quick summary:

1. See the 'to-and-from' ID (the 'to' only is fine) for calls coming to another extensions.

2. Be able to answer any call ringing to another extension.

3. Not have pickup calls ring on other extensions, but other exts can see the call on their screen and can answer it.

4. Exts are not in a hunt group.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Never going to happen in that way and with those stipulations, also remeber being in a group doesn't mean they will all ring, they will not even know excpept the G on the screen :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Cool, thank you for the response. With all the testing and tinkering I did over the weekend I figured it was not possible. Good to have confirmation at least!

Put them in a group. The group doesn't need to be called, it's just to define the pick up team. Then use 'call pickup members', either as a button or as a short code. Now when it rings somewhere, just use this code or button. If you need to see that phone B rings without touching the phone, then you need user buttons. They flash when the users phone rings. If you combine it with DSS-Status, then you can see who is calling before actually taking the call.

^ Ah, interesting! What you're recommending is very close to what I was testing out and the theory I was hoping would work. Looks like I had a few steps incorrect though. Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back