Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

best ATA for IPO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdherder27

Programmer
Nov 18, 2010
IT
Hey Guys,
I have a simple question..
what is the ATA/VOIP more working according to your experience?
SIP or H323 are indifferent.
example:
SIP
-PATTON
-AUDIOCODES
H323:
-MULTIVOIP

I ask you this question because I need to install ATA adapter for the terminal POS.

I have used the Grandstream Handytone before, and they seem to work fine. There was a few issues int eh beginning, but after putting in a ticket with Grandstream they had me upgrade the firmware on the device and now it works great. I have used them for faxing, not sure how much different terminal POS is...

Linksys PAP2t is the one I've used for FAX machines, door phones, conference phones etc.

PATTON M-ATA and Linksys Pap2t work very good and are cheap.

AudioCodes, grandstream and multivoip also work but are expensive.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

thank for the answer!
But nobody have test with a POS?
all the equipment you have told me they are all SIP endpoint they need the license third party endpoint.right?
but if I wanted to put license avaya-endpoint I can't because not exist avaya ATA. right?

There is no AVAYA ATA that uses the Avaya IP Endpoint licence, so for any ATA you always need the 3rd Party IP Endpoint licence.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

correct all of those SIP extensions and require a SIP 3rd Party Endpoint license

correct Avaya does not make an ATA... yet

Hello

i have a linksys SPA3102 which is the next up from the PAP2 and cannot get it to register, i cant even see the extn name or IP on a monitor trace. would you be kind enough to share the config of the PAP2 so i can be sure i have not missed anything silly. i have changed the below. should there be anything else? i have several 3rd party ip endpoints available.

Subscriber information;
Display name= IPTest
Password= Login Code (extension force auhtoris. unticked)
Auth ID= 1799
User ID= 1799

Sip settings;
SIP-Proxy require= 10.1.1.6

Proxy and Registration;
Proxy= 10.1.1.6
Outbound Proxy= 10.1.1.6

many thanks

Josh

Use the Patton M-ATA, it is up and running for years in just three minutes.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back