Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCMR V2.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojoputter

Technical User
Oct 11, 2005
US
Has anyone installed or administered a V2.4 BCMR.? and do you know where I can get a current document to do the admin to a S8700 to connect to the BCMR.

what do You need to know?
Did You install bcms server?
Did You connect it to clan ip-address?

If you can be more specific, that would help, if you're looking for general info, there's a lot on the doc site at Avaya...

Here are links to docs

Operations:

If you'r not using rev 314, then update the connection server:

Installation:(for r2.0)

And lastly, a flurry of docs on 2.3

all the above docs refer to pre-rel CM4. the problem is that when the server tries to connect to the pbx, I get an error that the BCMR login I made with prof18, doesn't have the right permissions. the docs all refer to CM3 or below. not any help with the new way to add logins with R4

the software release of the BCMR is 2.4.

i also applied the patch from above to no avail.

sorry i should have been more clear to start with.

thanks for all the replies

Installed a R2.4 on a CM and had the login problem. Installed the patch and it was them successfully able to login.

Me

You may need to update the driver for the dongle (sentinel rainbow usb), use system, device manager to do this, and find the driver in the sentinel folder below the server folder on the BCMS install disk.

Additionally, I found that if you just ignore the error message, it works. So, the error message, could be an error in and of itself - give it a try.

you are correct. just ignore the error message and it works. I wasted a lot of time on that one. lol

thanks for all repsonses

Yes it does work with EAS

"Been there, done that and got the teeshirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back