Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 BST Doorpone programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

arc497

Programmer
May 13, 2009
GB
I have not been able to find a door phone heading in the element manager to program a door phone target DN can someone help me?

A Door Phone is a Digtal set so look under sets and go to the DN it is on.
Under Capabilities you will see the Door Phone heading.
Note you can use a Hunt Group DN too if several people are to answer the door.

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

I don't see the doorphone heading in capabilities??

Yes the extension is programmed as required I just don't get a heading door phone to programme a target DN etc....?

Did you change the "Name" the extension's DN to Door Phone? If not, it'll will say 223, 229, etc

Are you sure your doorphone is BST doorphone and not an older Nortel doorphone? For it to show up in EM as a Doorphone, it has to be a BST model. They both look exactly the same so it's sometimes hard to tell.

I'm not on site until later this week to confirm
Which one it is...do you know the part no. Of both types??

Yes
There can be several part numbers for the same products.
I am sure you will get the part number then google it, but if still unsure post it here.

Attached below is a screen shot for you to download in case you maybe looking in the wrong area.

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

I'm looking in the right place.. is the presumption that the
Element Manger has not recognised that the door phone unit
Is not connected hence door phone tab is not showing in capabilities??

If you have a proper working BST door phone and is connected properly then yes of course it will populate the programming.
We are blind to this site and little info provided.
New install? repair call? what did you do when on site to troubleshoot?

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Its a new install on a Rls6 my supplier is sending out a confirmed BST door phone unit will update once I'm back on site...

This may be a stupid question but is your carrier using long distance codes? It may just be waiting for you to enter an authorization code.

By your description, you are instructing the system to dial the outbound number as a long distance call. If it isn't, remove the 1 as your carrier might not process a local call if it is dialed as LD.

Just to let everyone know it was the the right
Door phone unit(BST)I did a reboot and the door phone
came up in capabilities.. thanks to everyone that responded

You have to remember that when you add a BST door phone, you have to reboot the BCM.

Light Travels Faster Than Sound, Which Is Why Some People Appear Bright Until You Hear Them Speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back