Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Analog Ports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWISTEDAPP

Technical User
Dec 17, 2006
CA
Does the BCM50 have analog ports like the ASM+ whereby caller ID is passed through from the CO?

The BCM50 has 4 GASI (Global Analog Station Interfaces). These ports will pass CLID information just like the GASM8.

We are currently using M50R2 with a Panasonic Wireless phone that has CLID...Works like a champ from what I can see. I think M50R1 had the same features but was restricted to North America. I would assume R3 would have the same features.

Additional data: went to the Nortel website
under BCM50 Main unit
4 analog station ports [disconnect supervision - 850 Ms
Momentary Disconnect, Message Waiting Indication - NA 120V
600 ms on and 1000 off, Calling Line Identification (CLID) Name and Number] (keycode enabled)

thanks ntrluser ... I knew GASM8+ supported but wasnt sure of the internal ports (didnt get a chance to test it)

Are u located in EMEA or APAC?

Well I got the opportunity to validate the call display and it does work on both direct and transferred calls to the internal analog ports. I changed the DHCP server to off and now I can't get back into the switch and it shows an error 30100 on the main set? If I do a reset does that get me the default password back in or does it just clear the MSC card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back