Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM450 Rls1 boot up issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitelD

Vendor
Mar 21, 2006
US
Customer called and said that all indicators on the phones are flashing. I went onsite and the power light was solid green and the status light was solid red. All phones were flashing and the DTI card lights were all flashing. I tried to login and it kept telling me that I had a problem with my username or password. I finally was able to connect via the serial port and finally was successful and logged in with our user and password. But the system services are extremely slow in starting. The status light is now flashing green and the power light is solid green. Has anyone seen a similar issue? I am thinking this is a HDD issue.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

Just had this happen. Looking at Hyperterm, the services will start eventually, but the phones still won;t come up. I needed to replace the HDD and the power supply. I would change the HD first, then see if it boots. If it keeps resetting, you will need the power supply also.

Thanks, I'll do that.

NCSS, ATSP/IP

Generally speaking, if the Status light stays RED, you can't login or even ping the BCM, it's nearly always the hard disk.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Is the voicemail working?

I had an issue with a 400, where I was called out due to intermittent voicemail issues. I went to the system and all the lights were green... I could get into the BCM, then thought I would pull a back up and do a reboot.
Rebooted the system and the HD failed: leaving no voicemail, no IP address, no IP sets working.

Replaced the HD and initialized HD, loaded licenses and patched, and then the back-up. System came back.

It turned out to be the HDD and power supply.

NCSS, ATSP/IP

I had the same thing happen so I replaced the HD and the power supply. I loaded keycodes and the patches that were installed with the backup and restored the backup. Everything tested ok. The building had a power outage that night and the same thing happened to the BCM450. I am waiting on another new HD and am going to do the same thing all over again. I am not sure if it will fail again. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas? Thanks

We have seen several power supplies go out recently.

NCSS, ATSP/IP

Just fixed the problem again and according to Avaya support the bad power supply killed the hard drive. In the CLI during boot up of services Pdrd_db_init FAILED was happening and won't let the system initialize and boot into service. If you see that service fail you need to replace the HD and power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back