Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM450 R5 Mailbox Login

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclegeoff

Technical User
Mar 20, 2002
GB
Hi All, I am about to install a BCM450 Release 5 and have been asked as to whether 4 people can log into 1 mailbox to help deal with multiple orders. If it is possible how is it done?

yes. assign mailbox to only one of the 4 mailboxes and assign the other as alt dn in that mailbox. I think u can have more than two ext listed as alt dn.

Hi Dasheen, I have tried it on a BCM400 and when one of the alternate dns log in the others say mailbox in use. Is there something new on the BCM450 Release 5?

Daqsheen is spot on.

I think it streches up to 5 though, not 100% certain, but you will see it on the mailbox admin page.

Msg for u will appear on all phones but only one can log in at a time.

My problem is that there are about 450 messages left at night so they need more than one person to access the mailbox to deal with all the traffic.

In that case, I woould suggest getting a unified messaging licence. All messages would be downloaded into 1 users outlook and they could then select 50 messages at a time and forward them to the other users mailbox. So if 450 messages were there in the morning, within a couple of mins that could be broken down in 5 users having 50 each.

I have never tried this personally, but don't see why it would work.

Is there any way messages can be forwarded to a group so that all 4 night staff get the messages into their own mailboxes?

I don't believe so. I could be wrong though.

I would be interest if anyone has gotten something like that working as it would be quite handy.

I'm still struggling with this problem. If I can't find a solution I will lose the deal

Unfortuately Nortel does not offer group mailbox feature as such. Some other systems do this well like Avaya IPO. I know you don't want to hear that. What are you competing against ? This may help as your competitors may be misleading your client.

Have you considered a skillset mailbox ? I am not sure if this allows more more than one simultaneous connection. It may do which might help you out.

May one of the other guys can confirm ?

I have only been able to test it on normal mailboxes. It is to be used with ICC so perhaps I should test it with the skillset mailbox. Thanks

Well there you go, definitely worth a shot. I can't see any other work around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back