Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM450 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

pattm

Programmer
May 17, 2012
US
So I have a BCM450 with a PRI that is having a REALLY odd issue. I've never heard of this before.

Here is part of an email I've sent to tech support to help explain the issue

Here is what I’ve found looking at this.

The 888 number gets call answered by the auto attendant. Pressing 1 takes me to the call center. If the call center staff is busy and I’m left in the cue once the timer is reached the call should be transferred out to 513-xxx-xxxx. When the system tries to make that transfer is when you hear the voice repeating and the call transfer fails.
I called into main number 3 times and after getting someone on the phone I was transferred manually to 513-xxx-xxxx and the call DID complete (so I know the routing on the BCM is correct).

This issue is only happening with the skillset. Removing the "distribute call for 45 seconds" step in the skillset and having the calls hit the skillset and transfer right out work. once I add in the distribute step the issue starts back up again. Once the "transfer" to the outside number starts when the Nortel voice says "one moment please". you get stuck in a loop for about 2 minutes of hearing "one moment please...one moment please..one moment please" all the while my test call stays connected. Once the "one moment please" loops stops playing the call just sits in limbo hearing nothing but staying connected. Never rings anyplace or ends. Just sits there.

I'm totally stumped on this one. A full power reboot didn't fix the issue. Removing the skillset and rebuilding it didn't fix the issue. Everything else on the system seems to be working just fine.

it actually is already off.

What happens if you transfer it to an internal number?

Transfer to an internal number via a station and it works.. try to transfer via the skillset and you get the looped "one moment please". if you program the skillset to just play the greeting then step 2 is the transfer to the outside number.. it works fine. Add in the "distribute" step and it starts with the "one moment please" loop again.
Tried to remove the skillset to rebuild it and when I hit unconfigure I get an "internal error" screen that pops up. Last night I even loaded the SU patch and Desktop Patch from the PEP Library on Avaya's website.. still the same issue. About ready to tell the customer they need to buy a new system.. UGH!!!!

Actually we hadn't tried to do it through a path yet.
However there is a rule in the skillset that says if no agents are logged in to route the call right out to the outside number (same number as the overflow from the skillset by the way) with no agents logged in the call routes fine.

Sounds like software with call center indeed.
Is the other skillset in use?

Well for now you could transfer internal to a spare phone and forward the phone to the external number?.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

All 3 of the skillsets are having the same issue. it's really an odd one.

did BCM monitor. Call never tries to go out.

Ok so I take it steps;
1 Greeting
2 Distribute
3 Transfer

Correct.
that way it doesn't work.
However like I said if I remove the distribute it will send the call out. if no agents are logged in , it will send the call right out.. Just doesn't make sense.

what happens if you make step 3 another greeting then step 4 transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back