Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM200 DIALUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsnosecret

Technical User
Jul 7, 2005
AU
Hi,

Im trying to work out how to access the BCM200 from a dialup modem.

I have connected a pstn line to the box.

Can someone talk me through the next steps . ie what application to use to access the box and what are the settings.

Thanks.

Build a dialup RAS connection on your PC, same as you would use to dial into a Windows network or ISP. Use ee_admin as the username, and enter the password for your ee_admin account. Dial up, and you're connected.

On windows xp:
Start/Programs/accessories/communications/Hyperterminal.
Hyperterminal is a dial-up / modem connection applicatiion
thanks
squeexixmud

If you have changed the ee_admin account, what ever account you use it must have dialupusergroup allowed in it's Class.

can I then get to the explorer and use the https to get onto the box through unified manager.?

Thanks.

Yes. You can connect using the IP of the BCM or the IP 10.10.14.1 if you don't know the LAN 1 IP.

Hyperterminal won't work for dialing into a BCM as the BCM uses PPP connections, not a terminal emulator type of connection like a PBX does.

Cant test for a couple of days (its in transit)

I have read somewhere you have to setup the CLI of the phone line connected onto the BCM, is this correct.

Its for dialing in only for dialup/remote access.

Thanks.

Only need to configure that if you want to use callback (have the system call you at a specific number after you call into the system).

No config needed on the BCM to enable dialup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back