Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM Personal Call Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

BizFoneGuy

Technical User
Aug 14, 2005
CA
I have a BCM 1000 with 3.6 on it that when using Personal Call Manager works fine on my notebook with Windows XP. I took it to a customer site and he tested with his notebook and it wouldn't work. The BCM was originally set for use in a workgroup "Workgroup". He uses Windows 2003 server in his office so we changed the setting to Windows 2000 domain and labelled it the same as his office domain. He still couldn't get Personal Call Manager to work? Are we missing some setting or is there a problem or incompatability that I'm not aware of?

Any advice or help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

LAN CTE was also installed. This is Server 2003 service pack2.

System does not show as being on his domain when connected?

Also, system seems to "hang" while connected to his domain in that you cannot sign in to the system over either lan using unified manager and passwords. I get the message login password/incorrect/locked out.

I the system is disconnected it returns to normal and once again, I can login using the same "incorrect/locked out" passwords?

I have a BCM 400 v3.5 system, so I'm not sure if they're the same in any form, but have you entered in his IP and DN under Services > LAN CTE Configuration > IP Address > Client Privleges?

This is actually a 3.6 BCM. Has this problem been resolved in the 3.7 Version, or is a patch also required for LAN/CTE? The intention on this install is to have the User Name/set DN entry used in the BCM as IP addresses are dynamic. The problem really seemed to be a kind of lockup when the system was connected to his network when it was trying to join his 2003 server "domain". This was only attempted to try and get the PCM software to work. Is there any reason to have it join the domain or do others have the Personal Call Manager working on a 2003 domain SP2, with users using XP Professional and using the User Name/Set DN entries under LAN/CTE, with the BCM in either the domain or workgroup? If in the domain, what entries are used to get it to log in to the domain easily and still gain access to the BCM without having to disconnect from the domain? I have seen other postings on here with people saying they had log-in problems (password lockout), when they attempted to have the BCM join the domain? Is this all because I'm on a 3.6 unpatched and it will be corrected if I implement a 3.7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back