Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM Element Manager Remote Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miceros

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2002
US
I just installed a BCM 400. Element Manager works perfect when using on the same local area network (at work) as the BCM but when I try to access from home I can't. I configure the firewall to forward port 5989 to the BCM but still can't connect from home. Any suggestions?

I've the same situation, you have to open the 20-21-5989-60001 ports to have the element manager works.
You have to open the 20-21 ports if you want to patch the system frome your home.
Bye.

5989 is for Element Manager, 60001 is for BCM Monitor and 443 is for Voicemail and the BCM download page. These are the only ports you need for remote access including patching. Check to make sure the firewall is not blocking your connection.

I'm still having problem connecting to the BCM 400 remotely. I opened up port 5989 and directed to the BCM. I even opened up all ports and still nothing. Any particular trouble ideas? Do I need to turn something on the BCM to allow external connections?

How are you accessing the BCM remotely, is it via dial up.

We have no issues in the UK, create a dial up with the respective username and password.

When connected, launch EM, enter IP address and connection is there?

No dial up.
Via internet (cable connection).

Check your next hop on primary - it should be your default gateway for your WAN.
Services
Net Link Manager
Permanent WAN Connection.

If you can ping it locally but not off-prem - the response is getting lost somewhere.

Jason Foulds
Futuristech Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back