Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bcm 50 stopped working 2 amber lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha500

Vendor
Aug 10, 2015
US
I have a bcm50 6.0 that stopped working. I rebooted and did not boot normally but after 20 minutes it started working again. However after 2 hours it crashed again. If i replace hard drive will i lose all my keycodes or what does that description sound like

Sounds like Hard Drive

It's still possible to retrieve the key codes from KRS.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

So i can buy a new cabinet and transfer keycodes to new system ID

Starting with release 5, the keycode file is stored in the BCM50 on a flash device. If you get a new hard drive with the same release version (or the multi-image drive and convert it to the correct release), the BCM software will use the keycode file from the flash (i.e., no need to use KRS or purchase a new system).

No you cannot as the codes are generated against the system id of the cabinet, a ticket with Avaya would need to be generated to transfer the codes over to a new system id.
Contact me for more info if need.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

The important thing here is to see if you can get it working again and do a full backup as this will save the database and keycode.

Assuming that it's the hard drive that is failing as it is usually the case as the Motherboard rarely fails, then your best option is to find out about getting another image for the BCM 50 at 6.0 and then doing a full restore from your backup.

It will probably be the quickest and cheapest option. If you are in NA, then contact Curly and if in the UK, then try me.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

I replaced a hard drive on a bcm50 version 6 with a multi-image drive last week and the keycodes remained intact.

Thank you guys for the response' this bcm 50 is a version 3 with 6.0.2.05.237. Will the image and backup restore work on this release?

You mean Release 3
Version is 6.0.2.05.237.

Backup and Restore works on all releases but as long as you restore to the same release as was.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back