Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400

Status
Not open for further replies.

booker69

Technical User
Apr 4, 2005
CA
Can anyone tell me how many DSM 32's I can install in a BCM 400 and what the dip switch settings should be? I am trying to add a 3rd DSM32 to a BCM but cannot get it to work.

Wrong forum but it depends on the other cards installed. You can have 6 resorces a 32+ will take up 1 a DTM=1 GATM8=1
What do you have now.And what are they.

Thanks Cook, I saw your reply in the correct forum also, thanks for that as well.

This bcm has a T1 and 2 DSM32's, I removed the GATM8 they were not using to make room for the 3rd DSM32 but the bcm will not recognize it. I suspect I have the dip switches set incorrectly. Where can I find the Doc's you are referring to in the other forum?

On the main BCM page if this is a leser version then a 4.0 it says documantation.If it is a 4.0 us your browser and IP address go to admin docs.

Were you able to find the dip switch setting? You have to do a couple of things besides set the dip switches, you also have to go into resoreses and tell the bus that it is not going to be a GATM anymore and that it is a DMS 32+

Thanks All for the help, I figured out and set the switches and all is well. The DSM32+ is now working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back