Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 R3.7 and i2050 Softphone on Windows7/8

Status
Not open for further replies.

skb2009

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2009
US
We have been using BCM400 R3.7 for long time. We were using softphone client i2050 on windows XP without any problems but I am not able to get it working on Windows 7/8. The part which is not working is configuration tool under control panel option.

I have downloaded i2050 Ver3.x from Avaya website but release notes says it is compatible with R4.0 nothing is mentioned about R3.7 and top of that it requires additional license. I am not sure what is the cost of license.

Can anyone help in pointing me in right direction?

The problem I think lies with the way that you might have installed the 2050 softphone.

I recently came across the same problem. The fault happened in my case due to the customer NOT uninstalling the original 2050 version which I think was version 2 first!. He just installed version 4 and this created a conflict which I found in Regedit. Regedit showed different areas where the settings for the 2050 are. I used another computer what had a working 2050 in it to make comparisions.

In the end, we did a restore on the customers prior to when he made changes and uninstalled the 2050 softphone before rebooting the computer and installing the later one.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

Firebird, appreciate your response. This PC has no prior installation of i2050.

I have 1.4.x version of i2050. Can anyone point me to the url where I can download 2.0?

UcxGuy, you are the man...!!!

It gave me problem during installation. It was sating "Please exit IP Softphone 2050 before running setup".
Then I went to the windows temp (%temp%) directory and copied "Nortel i2050.exe" to my desktop and installation went fine.

Do I need to run the update 264 which is still available on Avaya's website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back