Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 r3.6 Browser Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom2129

Technical User
Feb 9, 2004
US
We were able to access the system without fail via the web browser until we changed the ip address of the BCM, we put the address back to what it previously was but still cannot connect. We can ping and telenet into the system but cannot use the browser. Have rebooted several times without any luck. Any advice appreciated.
Thanks
Tom

Just an out of left field idea...would it make any possible difference if we assigned a public static ip address to the BCM?
Thanks
Tom

Tom,

after reading the post two thoughts come to mind.

1. Can you ping the BCM?
2. if so try using telnet to access the BCM.

c:\telnet <bcm ip>

long in with the admin account <ee_admin> and cange the ip addressing there.

If you can't ping the unit then you need to isolate the unit by placing both lan1 and lan2 on a switch and running angryIP scanner, from a computer connected to the same switch, on it using a range of 10.0.0.1 to 192.168.255.255 . It will take some time but it will find the address that the BCM is using if the cards are not disabled. If they are disabled then you can access the console via. the serial port or the modem access on the front.

thanks, but we can ping & telnet...have chnged the unit's ip address and get the same result

When you use the IP address and the Browser, what happens if anything? do you get the main menu?

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

just get the "page cannot be displayed" message

Go into Platform Config and run a universal profile. Sounds like the web server service has failed to start.

Serial Port

Platform initialization menu, then option 1 for universal profile.

You could also try going into the command line and issuing the net start (insert web server service name here that is escaping my feeble memory right now).

thanks again, can we do this through telnet and is there any potential to make matters worse? Also, if you recall that service name would you let me know?
Thanks
Tom

Telnet works but you will lose connection with the system during the 8 or so reboots. If the system is otherwise fine, a UP will do no harm.

I believe that the service name is tomcat.

type sc qc tomcat for it's status and net start tomcat to start it.

In the platform init menu there is also the option to set all services to auto. You could try that too as it will reset the services to their proper setting.

Tom,

Have you resolved this issue? I have exactly the same problem with the BCM 3.6. We create our own images on new drives and all of a sudden I can no longer connect to the browser. It worked fine for months. I have found the the Browser software Apache has not started and it won't start.

Everything through the serial port looks good and I can ping but the browser is a no go. Just wondering if you found something.

The only way we were able resolve this was by replacing the hard drive and since we went this route we brought the unit up to 4.0. Went through every suggestion in this thread with no luck and since the customer was getting antsy we chose this route.
Thanks
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back