Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 4.0 Password Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

orspres

Technical User
Sep 16, 2004
US
I have a customer who changed his nnadmin access password then left the company without telling them what he made it. Is there a way I can reset it back to factory without opening a Nortel Ticket?

Lou

Try login as supervisor instead of nnadmin and the default passcode.

tried both
supervisor and PlsChgMe! no good
through any handset I get denied in admin

orspres,

If I read your last post correctly you used Pls*****! as the password for the supervisor login. The default password for this username is different. Refer to your docs if this is the case.

Brian Cox

got a good backup? Like to program alot? Level 2 reset time! Cheaper for 3 hours of your time than an hour of nortel's

Nortel has a password of the day that you call and give them the site ID \ BCM Serial Number and they give you back a temp password you then can use to gain access and set up your own. I then created an additional back door entry.

Thank you all for your reply's

In addition to supplying Nortel the site ID \ BCM Serial Number you will also need to provide the "Challenge key" found under Security Policies. This has a default, but if this has changed and you don't know it then Nortel can not provide a temp password. L2 reset time.

Quick question. How do you do a L2 reset ?

On the BCM50 there is a recessed pin to push but in BCM400, I've yet to see one .

Thanks,

To get the password of the day from nortel, do they charge you ? As you have to open a sevice request?

they shouldn't charge you but you will need to have a p.o to open it but depends who you are and the relationship you have with them.
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back