Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BC9 Q-sig CLI Incorrect

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniS3Tech

Technical User
Feb 27, 2003
FR
Hi,
I've have a problem, with a BC9 Site,where the Last Digit is missing on the CLI, when DDI Calls are Transfered to the Site Via Q-Sig Link

The setup is as follows Site 'A' has DDI number to the Operator over DPNSS from an AXE,this is Linked to Site 'B' over a Q-SIG link.
Site 'B' has a user with a nice digi phone. The Q-sig link and another DDI DASS Link,
All calls from the DASS link show the Last 10 Digits of the CLI e.g. if the number was 01234 123456 shows 1234 123456, which is Fine.
But DDI Calls Via Site 'A's Operator transfered to Site 'B' Show 0123412345, missing off the last digit on the phones display.
An analzer on the Q-Sig Link shows the full CLI being shown.

Any Ideas? any patches?

I do rememder a similar problem with DPNSS but I believe these were fixed with patch S81326 which I have fitted

cheers OmniS3Tech

looks to me there's a problem concerning the numbering plan of the A-party. if it is private the MD110 will provide storage for 10 digits (5 for the exchange number, 5 for the extension number), for public NPI's the MD110 provides 20 digits, this means that your problem lies at the caller side (I mean the AXE)

--------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get

I'll check into this, but I don't believe so, because at the first site, Site 'A' the call shows the whole CLI.

Also it only affects the transfered Call, calls which are Diverted no-answer show the whole CLI at Site 'B'.

I'm not an expert on ISDN signalling so I'm not sure how to check the calling type comming into site 'B' , will look into this, but I do know the Full CLI is in both the ISDN message & is shown in the call-loggin.

I think I've check both sites an the are no nutri's which may change the call type,
will comeback with either a trace or my fix

cheers OmniS3Tech

the Customer has disided to upgrade to Bc12, So we will review this Problem then

Thanks again,
OmniS3Tech

will not solve your problem...

--------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get

Probably not, but all messages messages DPNSS & Qsig check out Ok, So It's been agreed with the customer that this will be done after the upgrade, As we only get support for BC11 & BC12 at Present.

Cheers
OmniS3Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back