Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BayStack 28115 LED´s

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertdenker

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2002
DE
i finally brought an used 28115 ADV!
After booting up, the Display shows "Operational:RUN!
No Errors are displayed!

But all LED´s on the ports are green! I can´t connect to the Unit!

Does anyone know what this means when all LED´s leave in green!?

OK the 28115 is not an autonegotiate device, so the LEDs show Speed and Duplex even when nothing is plugged in. More LEDs light with Link. (there is a bug in the 28115, I advise you to leave at least one port on 10 meg, or some times the POST fails.) If all the ports are set to 100/full duplex, you will need to set your computer to 100/full, it cannot auto negotiate with a 28115.

I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

Many Thanks for your replay! Thats right!

When i connect my 100MBit WS the Link LED is on!

Now i have another question!

I haven´t got the console cabel! connetction via Telnet doesn´t work, because the Switch cut the connetion!

Is there a way to configure the switch without buy an console cabel or making an console cabel!?

You can telnet into a 28115 if you know the IP address and the password that and the console cable (the pin out in in the forum some where, I have a FAQ on the 28115 but that is more about duplex and speed)

I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back