Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bad control structures? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

streetbmx

Programmer
Dec 6, 2001
US
i am trying to make a simple database template(?). adding and deleting from the mysql database worked fine untill I tried to add edit, the edit wont work. also it always says 'Record has been deleted from database', its only supposed to say that when you delete from it. I also tried to use a switch to control everything but nothing worked after that. can someone look at my code and tell me whats wrong? (my webhost doesnt support php so its just a text file.)

DiamondLil... you should really start a new post for this... this doesn't really relate to the subject post anymore ;-)

And just for the record... there is a shortcut syntax for echo'ing variables..
Code:
 <input type=&quot;text&quot; name=&quot;loaddate&quot; value=&quot;<? echo $edit[&quot;loaddate&quot;]; ?>&quot;>
could be written:
Code:
 <input type=&quot;text&quot; name=&quot;loaddate&quot; value=&quot;<?=$edit[&quot;loaddate&quot;];?>&quot;>
to save time :) -gerrygerry

Standard response to one of my posts:
&quot;No where in your entire rantings did you come anywhere close to what can be considered a rational answer. We are all now dumber from having heard that. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.&quot;

gerrygerry, sheesh give the guy a few stars and he's already booting me out of a thread...

just kidding. [wink] I'll start a new one next time -promise.

is that a shortcut that will work in versions earlier than 4.1?

daniel, i should have realized that about the ; but keep staring at the screen and even english characters start to look like they belong to a foreign language. You were right - I had a missing ' and a missing ) . Now at least I'm getting a new error that I can work on for a while. Thanks!

DiamondLil-

I think the shortcut syntax is version 3+ but I'm not sure. I say 3+ because I believe it was introduced simultaneously with the echo function.

I know for sure that it is only available if you have the 'short_open_tag' configuration enabled.

NOW GET OUT OF MY THREAD!

j/k ;-) -gerrygerry

Standard response to one of my posts:
&quot;No where in your entire rantings did you come anywhere close to what can be considered a rational answer. We are all now dumber from having heard that. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.&quot;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back