Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Now on S8300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulreg

IS-IT--Management
Jul 9, 2003
GB
I am trying to Backup Now my S8300/G450 CM 5.2 system.
I am using FTP and I know I am logging into the ftp server OK.
I have specified the Directory as /
I get the following error message:
The final status for your backup job is shown below.
THEPID is: 5540
backup: 40: FTP ERROR: FTP Error: can't access file.
ABOR command successful
backup: 40: FTP of backup image to PABX at 172.25.0.6 failed -- Backup terminated for xln
Performing ERROR RECOVERY, please wait.....
..... ERROR RECOVERY COMPLETE .....
backup: 40: FTP ERROR: FTP Error: can't access file.
ABOR command successful
backup: 40: FTP of backup image to PABX at 172.25.0.6 failed -- Backup terminated for audix-tr-name-msg
Performing ERROR RECOVERY, please wait.....
..... ERROR RECOVERY COMPLETE .....
Why can't it find the file ?

I've not seen this myself so hopefully someone else chimes in a with a one click fix...

What does the HDD usage look like? Run "du" from the shell. Anything almost full?

Is your FTP server okay?

try a scp backup to 127.0.0.1 to /var/home/ftp/pub

Linux bash CLI:

sudo backup -b -d /var/home/ftp/pub --verbose -- security xln os audix-tr-name-msg
cd /var/home/ftp/pub;ls -ltr | tail -4

sudo ftpserv on
sudo backup -b --verbose -d ftp://anonymous:hello@172.25.0.6/pub -c -- xln os security audix-tr-name-msg

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

44 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 34 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Thanks for the posts everyone. Sorry for the delay in updating.
I know the ftp server is OK as I can log into it and upload/download files from my PC.
The SCP backup to 127.0.0.1 worked but I don't know how to retrieve it or perform the shell/Cli commands suggested as I don't know how to access the shell/Cli.
I am afraid my CM knowledge is very limited.

You're probably having trouble connecting to your FTP.

Get WinSCP, connect to your CM with your usual account, navigate to /var/home/ftp/pub. Your backup is there :) It doesn't solve your FTP problem, but it gets you a backup!

Thanks Kyle555. That worked for me. I can now make backups and copy and store them offline using WinSCP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back