Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backing up MICS programming 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronv1112

Vendor
Dec 18, 2008
US
We have a customer with 4.1 software and we will be upgrading them to the new 7.1 software. They have pretty extensive programming and we would like to know if it is possible to backup their programming t a lap top. the customer has a fast RAD and we were wondering if there was a way to do this with the fast RAD.

Yes, download Norstar Remote Utilities 10.0 from Nortel.com...it's free. It can backup 4.1 but not 7.1.
Note you can note backup 4.1 and restore it to 7.1.
For 7.1 you must purchase Norstar Remote Utilities 11.0

Thanks Curly, this helped.

Have another question, can I do the same thing with 6.1 software? I really dont want to buy the Remote utilities 11 if I dont have to.

Hi Curly,

I am being told that I am not asking the proper questions so, i am going to try again:

What is the lowest version of software required to program a Nortel MICS so that when dialing out over a PRI some extensions calling out can show outgoing caller ID and others calling out wont show caller ID.

And, then, can I use Remote Utilities Version 10 to backup from 4.1 and restore to the recommended software?

Thanks for all your help so far!!!

Sandi (Rons assistant)

With 4.1 software, you have the ability to program the outgoing Caller ID info under OLI. but the PRI service provider has to allow the Norstar to send this information and not override it with the main number.
I'm not sure if this was the reason you were going to upgrade but if so, it's not necessary.

Louie Roldan

Thanks Louie,

So if I understand you correctly, we can program in such a way that some exrensions can send one caller IC, some can send a different caller ID, and others can call out without saending caller ID. All over an outbound PRI?? Please let me know if I am getting it right.

Sandi

Your right, but you can only block outgoing CLID per call (ONN).

Adversity is Opportunity

This is getting confusing, I think I will repost in such a way that I can understand what is happening. I'm not that technical and Ron is inserting more questions. So, I think I will repost the situation from scratch.

Thanks for all your help!!!

Sandi (Ron's Assistant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back