Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

B179 and IPO device management 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpchouinard

IS-IT--Management
Feb 3, 2009
CA
For the life of me I can't find where the B179 is picking up its config file

Here's the device management log of the B179

Running device management
Mon Dec 31 19:01:36 UTC 2007
/etc/config/avayab179.xml AVAYA:provisioning:dev_mgnt:use_dhcp_option false
Server URL: fopen: No such file or directory
fopen: No such file or directory
dmDownload.sh: CONFIG fopen: No such file or directory
wget options: --secure-protocol=auto --no-check-certificate
wget --secure-protocol=auto --no-check-certificate -O avayab179.xml --19:01:40-- => `avayab179.xml'
Connecting to 192.168.40.30:443... connected.
WARNING: Certificate verification error for 192.168.40.30: unable to get local issuer certificate
WARNING: certificate common name `RSS-IPO' doesn't match requested host name `192.168.40.30'.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 967 [text/xml]

0K 100% 543.01 KB/s

19:01:43 (543.01 KB/s) - `avayab179.xml' saved [967/967]

So it's calling and getting back the settings, but I can't find where that avayab179.xml file is in the /opt/ipoffice/system/primary folder.

What I'm missing here?

Did you put that url into a browser and see if it came back with an auto-generated file?

Sorry I forgot to mention that I did test. The url is coming back with some settings. It's the same issue with the firmware xml file.

We are running r10 sp4 server edition

the settings are in DHCP option 242 (normally) so check if your DHCP server has that enabled.
otherwise it can be set manually in the B179

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Our DHCP 242 is set to : MCIPADD=192.168.40.30,MCPORT=1719,HTTPSRVR=192.168.40.30,L2QVLAN=40,VLANTEST=0

Now, the options I get from the url doesn't match the DHCP options so it must be somewhere else

Here's the output of the avayab179.xml file

XML:
<AVAYA>
<config_version>1</config_version>
<sip>
<udp_transport>false</udp_transport>
<tcp_transport>false</tcp_transport>
<tls_transport>true</tls_transport>
<tls_port>5061</tls_port>
<use_srtp>1</use_srtp>
<use_srtcp>false</use_srtcp>
<srtp_secure_signaling>0</srtp_secure_signaling>
</sip>
<account1>
<valid>true</valid>
<registrar>192.168.40.30</registrar>
</account1>
[b]<account3>
<valid>true</valid>
<registrar>192.168.40.35</registrar>
</account3>[/b]
[b]<tls>
<tls_verify_server>true</tls_verify_server>
</tls>[/b]
<provisioning>
<upgrade>
<url>[URL unfurl="true"]https://192.168.40.30</url>[/URL]
</upgrade>
<dev_mgnt>
<use_dhcp_option>false</use_dhcp_option>
<file_server_address>[URL unfurl="true"]https://192.168.40.30</file_server_address>[/URL]
</dev_mgnt>
</provisioning>
<network>
<qos>
<dscp_sip>34</dscp_sip>
<dscp_media>46</dscp_media>
</qos>
<time>
<ntp>false</ntp>
<timezone>UTC-5:0</timezone>
</time>
</network>
</AVAYA>

In the code of the file avayab179.xml above, my issue is with the account3 and tls_verify_server that need to be disable.

I've setup one B179 manually and it's working fine, but would like to set it up automatically since I have a bunch to deploy.

So after reading the most recent admin guide for the B179, it says to put your own avayab179.xml file on the server...

I've configured the B179 with all the wanted parameters and exported the config file locally, I removed the account info from it and uploaded it on the HTTP file server as avayab179.xml. I then factory reset/reboot the B179 and all I had to do was to set the account info for the unit.

If there's no avayab179.xml file the server will generate one for you and will enforce TLS if TLS is set in the LANx/VoIP setting of the server. See this article for more details

I hope this can help someone else

thanks lpchouinard for posting the solution
have a star
Did I ever mention that I don't like the B179's had a lot of issues with them and prefer the Polycom IP6000 or IP7000

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back