Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya strenghts and weaknesses in contact centers with 100% recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZebrAYA

IS-IT--Management
Mar 16, 2007
CO
Avaya strenghts and weaknesses in contact centers with 100% recording

Hello again people

We have an interesting request from a financial company that needs an outbound contact center.

They want to record 100% of calls and as you may know VMpro will do that at best cost/benefit relationship

Comparing the multiples of CCC vs VMpro vs Softphone we got that VMpro is the most restrictive, so we are telling the client that the whole contact center has to be “sectioned” in parts of 40.

If they want more than 40 agents, they must have another IP Office, and so on.

They are some especial sub requests anyway.

One of them is the automatic dialing:
Who is making trustable automatic dialing software for the IP Office?

Anyway I found in CCC installation manual page 63 of 69

Proactive List Manager: The Proactive List Manager module facilitates the importing and assignment of
outbound calling lists to Proactive Campaigns. It provides the administrator with the ability to manage
outbound Proactive Campaign Lists. It furnishes the tools to create draft calling lists, attach them to
campaigns and run the campaigns.

Would that be enough?

Another one is the predefined questions the agent must ask to the customer, can they be dynamically driven (namely from a SQL server database) so that the agent can get the campaigns predefined questions and replies?

To the future:
This questions is posted in another threads, and still without explanation.
Would the TAPI provided with IPO (free or Pro) enough to develop an application by themselves in the case that the IPO application does not fit the needs?

Thanks for your help.

(July of 2009 )(after six months of sleep ZebrAYA is back)
[Always Close your threads for avoiding other people to entangle]

Seethru, Voicemail pro isn't a call recorder, it provides the means to record calls, but isn't a call recorder. For more functionality you need contactstore. It deals with all of the issues you mentioned.

Voicemail pro isn't a solution for call recording on a large basis.

See what my brain does when it's not thinking about phones.

i didn't no, but thinking about it, i havent used that codec since the change from 7.2 was it? so perhaps when they changed it, they changed the codecs, i do have some old wavs, recorded in the old contactstore, ill try them on monday

See what my brain does when it's not thinking about phones.

@spridge
>>>Not sure what formats they support….
Thanks for the response anyway.

@SeeThru
You could target the call recordings to

1) Specific mailboxes: If you select call recordings for lets say Agents 1xxx to Mailbox target 1999, and all 2xxx agents to 2999, then (if the mailboxes aren’t used for calls) the mailboxes will only contain call recordings.

2) VRL: Anything targeted to VRL will be delivered to the VRL directory

In both these instances recorded calls will be delivered to a directory that contains no voicemail messages. Then collect the recordings from there to convert\compress and deliver where appropriate.

I've used suggestion 1 for many years and it works fine on a small scale (around 8 staff).

As people have said don't touch soft phones for a call center your walking into constant headaches.

==== UF - its a long and interesing thread ====

After having inititated the discussion I would like to point
I tried the customer wait while R 5 and new prices scheme get stable.
meanwhile the customer has chosen another provider.
;-(

Anyway I have another case a little smaller, but questions reamins, does the R5 changed something about.

softphones for Callcenters / ContactCenters
100% recording for Callcenters belonging to companies in financial and/or assurance business sector.

Thanks 2010!

softphones for Callcenters / ContactCenters

Never use soft phones in a call center !!!!

100% recording for Callcenters belonging to companies in financial and/or assurance business sector.
Use an external recorder on the pri.

ACS IP Office or is it ACSS :)
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

ZebrAYA, after a quick review of your past posts I guess you never did take the ACS accreditation you were working towards and have instead chosen training by Tek-Tips. So please take the advice given and NEVER USE SOFTPHONES IN A CALL CENTRE this will never change regardless of software release or system :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

@Tom, call recording on SIP/H323 you can also do with wireshark, but you need a mirror/monitor port on the switch side. For cain & abel you don't. But if you know wireshark the you can filter the SIP calls and and even let it split the recording so that the wav file don't gest to large.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

don't use Pri recorder. call centres need to know which agent is made/received the call, so you have to use an smdr integrator to match data which is never 100%. use a voip recorder but be use a solution which can compact the recordings and encrypt.

amriddle01 said:
ZebrAYA, after a quick review of your past posts I guess you never did take the ACS accreditation you were working towards and have instead chosen training by Tek-Tips. So please take the advice given and NEVER USE SOFTPHONES IN A CALL CENTRE this will never change regardless of software release or system

Yes! and this training is like in the army!

I must thank all the community that supports Zebras like me! and I'm sure that I will support some new ones here.

I promise to NOT make the question when R6.0 will be finally released to the final customer.

happily there's a customer who bougth a 25 agent CCR and have chosen hardphones for implementation [party]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back