Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya strenghts and weaknesses in contact centers with 100% recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZebrAYA

IS-IT--Management
Mar 16, 2007
CO
Avaya strenghts and weaknesses in contact centers with 100% recording

Hello again people

We have an interesting request from a financial company that needs an outbound contact center.

They want to record 100% of calls and as you may know VMpro will do that at best cost/benefit relationship

Comparing the multiples of CCC vs VMpro vs Softphone we got that VMpro is the most restrictive, so we are telling the client that the whole contact center has to be “sectioned” in parts of 40.

If they want more than 40 agents, they must have another IP Office, and so on.

They are some especial sub requests anyway.

One of them is the automatic dialing:
Who is making trustable automatic dialing software for the IP Office?

Anyway I found in CCC installation manual page 63 of 69

Proactive List Manager: The Proactive List Manager module facilitates the importing and assignment of
outbound calling lists to Proactive Campaigns. It provides the administrator with the ability to manage
outbound Proactive Campaign Lists. It furnishes the tools to create draft calling lists, attach them to
campaigns and run the campaigns.

Would that be enough?

Another one is the predefined questions the agent must ask to the customer, can they be dynamically driven (namely from a SQL server database) so that the agent can get the campaigns predefined questions and replies?

To the future:
This questions is posted in another threads, and still without explanation.
Would the TAPI provided with IPO (free or Pro) enough to develop an application by themselves in the case that the IPO application does not fit the needs?

Thanks for your help.

(July of 2009 )(after six months of sleep ZebrAYA is back)
[Always Close your threads for avoiding other people to entangle]

>customers broadband fails.

That is the problem with SIP trunks. It generally isn't the protocol - it is the network infrastructure (i.e. dsl) that lets it down.

I am a firm believer in voip over DSL is intrinsically a poor idea.

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

matt - where possible we quote the customer Easynet Surestream. its uptime is exceptional. from there, SDSL, and then down from there.

Your response has been very greater than I expected

Now I am very alarmed by the rejecting to the use of softphone in contact center and also rejecting vmpro as a 100% recording solution.

The discussion is moving fastly to sip providers – think we may make a new thread with that. “mysipprovider.com”

About what I told you of managing predefined questions and replies dynamically think its too far from possible?

May it be done with the TAPIs, or TAPI and CCC connection is 0%

You are also mentioning line recording devices, as far I know they are expensive (except we use aste-risk) know about Nice and RedBox – some recommended?

(July of 2009 )(after six months of sleep ZebrAYA is back)
[Always Close your threads for avoiding other people to entangle]

Softphones are a fallback for when you have no option other than connecting to the IP Office remotley using your laptop/computer, they are not designed to replace a deskphone, also they are limited in comparison and more expensive too.

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

I'd also be inclined to use CCR, as CCC will not be supported in future releases of firmware :)

OK, back on topic.

As they said, line side is best for recording at that call volume. At least one PRI provider can provide call recording at the CO, but I have no looked at it much.

Again, avoid softphones. IP phones or digital phones will give much less heartache and heartburn.

CCR over CCC. It works much better and will only get better as more reports become available. Was the dialer module was even released for CCC? I am sure that someone on this board knows this history.

I don't know if IP Office has a DevCon predictive dialer or if you need to move up to ACM. The dialer would pop up your questionaire in conjunction with TAPI.

Good luck,
Frank

Frank Robertshaw
The Phone Guy
nashville, TN

As for line side recording, I would recommend oak, they are based in the UK and I have had great success with them. Quite reasonalbly priced and good support too.

Liquid Voice also have very good call recording.

Look at:
For the price of a 40 port VM Pro, you would get multiple PRI trunk recorders, so price would not be an issue I would think. also, as far as I know, the recordings from VM Pro are not submisable in court. This would be an issue for a financial house. Most external recorders are fine for this.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Indeed, I believe it's because Wav files are easily manipulated/edited and so not admissible as evidence :)

Thought I'd add my bit...
coincidently putting in a dual pri recorder at the moment, customer was also looking at 40 port vmpro with dedicated server and contact store, but falls down in a lot of areas. The search function is very limited, user resrictions also, plus can't go above 40 ports. Never mind the secure recordings. We are putting in a Redbox recorder with SMDR integration so we can show which extension was on the call. The cost was very comparitive on each system.

Re SIP Trunks, all our systems are pure VoIP in the last 6-9 months. DSL is a crucial factor, don't go near wireless. high speed low contention are key. We set up our own service so don't rely on any provider, didn't bother yet getting approved by DevConnect as they want 7K for the privelage. For failover on inbound we automatically route to a landline/mobile should reg fail. For outbound you could have trunk back up or 2nd DSL (the customer DSL used for internet if seperate).

For outbound predictive dialing I have been recommended nms-adaptive.com however have yet to use it.

Re FSA Compliance

Not sure what formats they support

Led to believe files must be encrypted

tom there is, but the WAV is still encrypted, thats one of the main functions of the contact store service running on the CS server.(apart from being a web server)

I cant find the document that explained that - ill have a look.

VMPro is really a IVR system, not a call recorder, and has some major issues.

This is all for a 406 v2 - 500's may be different(

Calls on outbound are recorded to the voicemailbox of the extension that makes them. It basically prevents you using per extension voicemail.
Calls are allocated arbritrary numbers
Calls listened to via a handset get the file dare/timestamp updated
Files are only saved as WAV, so storage costs are high

At the moment we use VMPro, but are actively investigating OAK or another provider. If you do use VM Pro we do the following:

Disable access to local mailboxes (*17)
Use a batch file to rename all the files with the current file date/time stamp, and the extension name, then move out of the local extension to a single central location for searching
Use a converter to convert the saved WAVs to MP3 to save on space
Use a system of matching date/time to the timesheets to log the calls to specific accounts (may not be neccesary if you only have one)

SeeThru
Synergy Connections Ltd - Uk Telemarketing and Telesales Services
and
Synergy Mobile Solutions - UK Mobile phones, land lines and call packages

i quite like vmpro / cs as a call recorder...never had any real issues with it..

ACA - IP Office
ACS - IP Office

SeeThru, Indeed it is a jack of all trades if you like, if you want a full on call recorder you need to buy a dedicated one, for most companies needs VM Pro is more than capable and at the end of the day you only ever get what you pay for :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back