Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya SIP trunk to third party adjunct drops call after 3 seconds, does not send ACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchuylerJ

Programmer
Oct 29, 2014
US
thread690-1743513

Hey there,

I've been scrubbing the forums for a couple weeks and I see some similar issues to what I am facing.

Here's the scenario:

Avaya CM 7.0, Third Party SIP Application, Avaya SM 7.0.1

Basically, I have set up a direct SIP trunk to our Third Party application from CM. The third party application is listening on port 5060 for traffic, then launches the application. (both are on the same network).

However, the call hits the trunk, hits the application, then the call is terminated (after 3 seconds). The trace on the application side looks like this: (See attachment 1)
It is sending the ACK then several 200 trying before sending the BYE. The CM never responds to the ACK from the application. I've tried about every config of the trunk and signalling group that I can find, adjusted the minimum refresh timers, adjusted codecs, all with no success.

The kicker is that in another system running CM 5.1 we have the EXACT same configuration and the application works fine. Could this be an issue with the newer releases of CM/SM?

Has anyone seen this issue?

Thanks!

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=5c4912ab-89d0-4b7a-a779-3986afa2838b&file=attachment_1.JPG
Also, /var/log/ecs in CM is your friend. It may very well have a line in the logs of what it didn't like about your SIP offer that caused it not to respond.

OK, got it fixed, it was a combination of the Adaptation manipulating the To: header and actually changing the Entity link to use UDP instead of TCP. It's weird but it worked. The direct CM to SAM connection uses TCP and works fine but for some reason it wasn't working from SM to SAM.

I can't explain it but at this point i'm just going to accept it and move on with my life.

Kyle, thanks so much, great advice.

R/
Schuyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back