Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya SCN and h323 trunk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JinnaMuhammed

Programmer
Feb 6, 2012
SA
Hi Gyus,
I need to connect 3 IPO together using voice networking channels license.
i guess SCN is not going to work here because site A is 9.1 ,Site B is 7.0 ,and site C is 8.1.
So i just want to clarify one thing that is there is any issues if i use H323 trunk instead of SCN between the IPO s. Or there is some minimum software release difference is applicable for H323 trunk also.

SCN would most likely still work, but would not be supported by Avaya.

I agree with joe. SCN is best as it will have all the added benifits of anti-tromboning, directory, auto populated extension dialing (no need for shortcodes and centralized VMPro.
It will most likely work with the scattered versions but its a bit naughty. If Voicemail Pro doesn't work from B and C I would not be completely surprised as they added a layer of security on the VM Pro connection in 9.1

Dear Bucky,

Im not using centralized voice mail. in 9.1 im using VM pro. and the branches will use Embedded VM. Already i made SCN with 9.1 and 8.1 and its working fine .

And i will try this week to make SCN between rel 7 and 9.1 and will update here.

JinnaMuhammed said:
Im not using centralized voice mail. in 9.1 im using VM pro. and the branches will use Embedded VM. Already i made SCN with 9.1 and 8.1 and its working fine .
No, It is not, You have just not noticed the problems YET!

Embedded VM is NOT supported in an SCN environment
SCN systems MUST have a Centralised VM for server, Additional VM Pro servers can be used if configured for distributed operation.

without using centralised/distributed servers there are various conditions that will result in the loss of messages & other strange behaviours

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back