Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Partner - Voice Messaging PC Card - Auto Attendant Issues 1

TipOfTheIceberg

Technical User
Nov 30, 2023
US
Hello,

I have an Avaya Partner ACS R5 (flashed to R6) and a large Voice Messaging PC Card connected on PC Card slot 2. The messaging system has worked fine with few issues, but recently I have been experiencing an issue. When a call is picked up by the voice messaging for voicemail or the system's auto Attendant, in the middle of the Auto Attendant prompt it will unexpectedly be transferred (I do not know which extension it is being transferred to, not one connected to a phone as far as I am concerned) to an extension which is not part of the Auto Attendant selector codes 1, 2, or 3. In addition, when the call is transferred the caller does not hear hold music, which is what is supposed to happen (according to the system programming). Instead, they hear the normal ringback tone. This has happened repeatedly for no apparent reason and completely spontaneously, despite turning on and off the system, removing and reinserting the PC card, as well as assigning and unassigning the Auto Attendant. Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, any help is much appreciated. Have a good day.

I haven't experienced/seen this before. To resolve, try defaulting the voicemail and see if that works.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Could be "talk-off" detecting digit zero, going to Ext. 10. Re-record the AA greeting with a different voice, and as Paul suggested, perhaps default the card and rebuild. PC Card Mails will develop memory issues as time goes on and require that default to start working again.

What is hear during transfer is determined by system program #119, which is ring-back by default

I re-recorded the message and the issue is still occuring. In addition #119 is set to music on transfer, and it has previously worked when a call is transferred. How do I reset the Partner Voice Messaging PC Card? Thanks for the help.

TTT can provide the procedure. While the Partner Voice Messaging is a simple & reliable system, they can fail.

If the reset doesn't resolve the problem, consider replacing the voice-mail. [smile]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

I'd rather not post it in public, but if you google my user name, find my website, you will find an email link. Shoot me an email and I will assist you with the procedure.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back