Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Partner 206 R 4.1 stand alone programming 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wire2utek

Vendor
Dec 9, 2009
US
I have a Partner stand alone 206 R 4.1 that I am trying to program. I have 1 18D set and the rest of the extensions are going to be analog sets (POTS phones) I would like all the analog sets be set to intercom as prime, but I would like them to be able to have access to outside lines, maybe by dialing 9. I have experience with Nortel programming, but as of now I have not even successfully entered the programming mode of this 206. My first question is "Can the Partner 206 system work like I want to use it?" and my second question is "How do I enter the programming mode to program the extensions?" I am using extension 10 with my 18D set. I am pressing feature 00 then the left intercom button twice. The top line in the display is blank at that point. I have tried #309, but all I get are beeps from the system. I also have an programming overlay for the 18D set but it doesn't seem to match the live buttons in programming mode.

The older 206 stand-alones do not give you indication that you are in programming mode other than the blank screen. #309 is not the program that you are wanting. What you are describing is auto line select. This is done by going into centralized programming from extension 10. After feature 00 and left intercom 2 times, press the right intercom. Enter the extension that you want to modify. The press * * then the intercom, then the lines in order of what you want them to pick up after the intercom. then * * to end auto line select. After that you can enter the next extension to modify. when done, press feature 00.

Just for future reference, #309 is to change intercom dial tone from the usual intercom dial tone sound to machine (outside line) sound. This is rarely used on a partner system but is used occasionally with credit card machines or faxes that dont seem to work with the regular intercom dial tone sound.

I forgot to mention, #309 only works with the newer Partner ACS systems. The partner 206 is extremely limited on what is available to program. I do not remember exactly what programs are available but I do know that the Partner Access Guide has a list of what programs work with it if you have access to it. I have not found a link to it on avaya's website yet but it may be available somewhere.

Brian,
Thank you for having so many manuals available for people to access online. We have a lot of paper manuals, but there are some that we either never got or have lost over the years. Having them online all in one place is really handy.

WEDOPHONES.COM is another excellent source for free manuals! Check them out...

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back