Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Media Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnjwinters

Programmer
Jun 15, 2005
US
I'm looking for a better understanding of Avaya Media Server, how it works and it's limitations. I'm working with a CS1000e running 7.5 with CallPilot, Avaya Aura Contact Center and Avaya Media Server. I want to set up a basic ACD Queue without Contact Center integration due to licensing. What I want to know is can I set up dedicated RAN prompts for this basic queue or do I have to use the ones already programmed?

I don't see any reason why you cant set up Basic ACD with alternative RAN Routes as long as you have the agent licenses in the CS1000.

I do and already have that set up. My issue is understanding the Media Server and if I can add more RAN recordings/routes to it. I have never worked with one before.

You shouldn't have to add anything to the media server. Are you using a Miran card now or what?

No Miran card, only CallPilot, Contact Center and the Avaya Media server.

Is the Avaya Media Server different than a MAS? How is it integrated to the CS1000?

It is a MAS server as far as I can tell and it's SIP based.

Is this the same as the Avaya Experience Portal. If so it still uses a Miran Card.

It's not. It's all IP based. The MAS is loaded on a standard Sig Server - whether it be a CPDC or COTS. It uses a specific .nai file for deployment.

As far as I know, you would just need to build new routes/trunks in the PBX and then the corresponding route/entry in the MAS server. You could upload new audio files as needed. The MAS is a licensed product, so it would depend on what the capacity of your licenses are - both in it and the PBX.

Probably easier to to add a small 2 channel Interalia announcer.

scotthdiv, how do I verify the licensing on the MAS and how do you build the route/entry on it? I understand the PBX side and would think the MAS could easily do what's needed.

Do you have access to the MAS Element Manager?

There should be a "license" link (or something like it) that I believe would tell you what it's licensed for and what it's using, but I don't recall exactly.

As to programming, since there is existing data there, I would think you could just mimic it to program an additional RAN on the MAS (and the corresponding programming on the PBX) I wish I could help more, but I've only done a basic config on two or three of them and it's been some time...I don't recall the specifics.

The doc looks like it may have everything you need - the bit about IP Media Services is what you would be looking for:

Thank you for all the help, I have it all figured out and working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back