Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

avaya magix 4.0 v 7.0 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MILLTY

Vendor
Mar 22, 2005
US
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i have a magix with 6 operators and i can't seem to get them all to ring at the same time when someone dials "0" from the auto attendant. heck i can't even get them to ring together at all. am i missing some thing stupid?

Being an Operator position give an extension the ability to have individual line appearances, and use Operator only features like Call Park.

The Operator in regards to the Auto Attendant/Voice Mail is just the destination of 0-Timeout calls.

The default Call Answer Service Operator in Merlin Mail and Merlin Messaging is 768, which is actually an invalid number. Thus, the call transfers to the 1st Operator position.

You can change the CASO to the Operator's actual extension number, then put a Coverage button on the other Operators. You could change it to an All Ring Calling Group, and put the Operators in the group.

Rate Member posted August 20, 2008 08:25 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
all 6 exts are in grp 771 and it is set to group ring. if i go to an ext and dial 771 nothing happens, i get ring back tone but no ext rings????
i know this is some thing stupid, i'll bet.

DID I TELL YOU THAT IT WAS GOING TO BE SOMETHING STUPID!!!!
YOU TA MAN

THANKS SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK GUYS NEXT THING. NOW I GOT ALL THE PHONES RINGING, 2 QUESTIONS.

1 ONCE ALL 6 OPERATOR ARE ON CALLS CAN THESE PHONES KEEP RINGING ( LIKE THEY DO ON DIRECT INCOMMING OUTSIDE CALLS OR LIKE CALL WAITING)?

2 CALL CALLS BEING TRANSFERED FROM THE AUTO ATTENDANT COME IN TO THE PHONES ON THE SA VOICE NOT THE SA RING?????

once again i thank you for all your help

HEY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

MAYBE YOU CAN CLEAR UP THE WAY I ASKED THE LAST QUESTION

WHat i am looking for is off hook ringing with these 6 operators, does that make any sense?

millty

hello

ok guys if i did or said some thing to upset any one i am truly sorry. Just a little under the gun.

Thanks for the responce MM

Ok i stink at tring to explain what is sometimes in my head i have been on this site for 12 hours and that doesn't help.

Ok what i mean is right now 3 of the 6 operators have grp cover keys and 3 don't (cover keys on ext's 301 & 302) if the 3 with the keys are on the phone talking to a patient and a 2nd call rings in their phone rings ( my term "off hook ringing"), the other 3 operators have to use a grp pick up key to answer calls, these 3 phones never ring. ( they have to listen for the other phones to ring)

So i upgraded from a 2 to a 4 (hence the start of the thread) so i could get ring grps.

Well needless to say this i set up the ring grp 771 and now the problem is that once operator hangs up from a call this person can not pick up anything currently ringing with out the use of a pick up key. that phone will only ring for a new call not an currect call?

Am i making any sense at all?

If i don't get this worked out soon i'm gonna lose this account and it is a big one ( 20 doctors in this group, 7 locations and like a kizillion square feet of space)

Thanks again in advance. I have no idea what i would do with out this.

The purpose of having a calling group is to send calls to one agent at a time.

When you have a calling group, (Auto Log IN or Auto Log OUT) the normal way a call is handled by an AGENT is that the call is DELIVERED to the NEXT AVAILABLE agent.

If it is not that agent's turn to receive a call, then no, it will not ring there, it will only where it's being delivered to.

There is an option in Magix R4.0 to set the HUNT TYPE to ALL RING, that way, a call to the calling group will ring all agents.

You can try that and see if it suits your client's needs.

Do those 6 phones need to be actual OPERATOR positions?

If not, you could use "Shared System Access" to share those calls across the phones.

You could pick one extension, or put a dummy phone in the closet, put a bunch of SA buttons on it, then put SSA buttons on the other 6 phones.

So, instead of directing the calls to a calling group, direct them to the main extension.

The phones might look something like this:

[tt]
Blank Blank X X
Blank SSA-1 X X
Blank SSA-2 X X
SA-O SSA-3 X X
SA-V SSA-4 X X
SA-R SSA-5 X X
[/tt]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search