Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya J169's will not upgrade 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerWoods33

Systems Engineer
Jun 11, 2019
CA
We have Avaya IP Office 11.1, and for some reason, our J169 phones will now upgrade past 4.0.0.0.21

The upgraded firmware files are uploaded (FW_S_J169_R4_0_6_0_8.bin) and the upgrade file is pointing to this .bin as well.

The monitor shows the phone reading the j100upgrade text file, and it downloads the rest of the settings files / language files but that is it. Never tries to pull the upgrade file.

Any ideas?
(We are trying to upgrade to see if this prevents these phones from freezing whenever we have to do maintenance and reboot the server.)

@derfloh
Looks pretty good to me (Pasted below)

IF $MODEL4 SEQ J129 GOTO J129_SW
IF $MODEL4 SEQ J139 GOTO J139_SW
IF $MODEL4 SEQ J159 GOTO J159_SW
IF $MODEL4 SEQ J169 GOTO J169_SW
IF $MODEL4 SEQ J179 GOTO J179_SW

GOTO GETSET

# J129_SW
SET APPNAME FW_S_J129_R4_0_6_0_8.bin
GOTO GETSET

# J139_SW
SET APPNAME FW_S_J139_R4_0_6_0_8.bin
GOTO GETSET

# J159_SW
SET APPNAME FW_S_J159_R4_0_6_0_8.bin
GOTO GETSET

# J169_SW
SET APPNAME FW_S_J169_R4_0_6_0_8.bin
SET JEM24_APPNAME FW_JEM24_R1_0_1_0_14.bin
GOTO GETSET

# J179_SW
SET APPNAME FW_S_J179_R4_0_6_0_8.bin
SET JEM24_APPNAME FW_JEM24_R1_0_1_0_14.bin
GOTO GETSET

# GETSET
GET 46xxsettings.txt

What issue are you trying to fix with the new firmware? The IP Office install includes the J100 Series firmware with which it has been tested. Just upgrading for the sake of upgrading is as likely to cause issues and fix any.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

sizbut said:
Our J100 phones freeze whenever we have to perform system reboots, which right now is frequently due to an issue with Voicemail pro. (Avaya is looking into the issue at the moment.)
So every time we have to reboot due to the VMPro crash, the J100 phones do not failover to our secondary server, and rather they freeze. Our 9608's have no issue. (We have similar issues with the phone if they are on a bad network line.. they will just freeze and require a reboot)
So, being that we are a couple of years behind on firmware versions.. seems like we should give a newer version a shot.

Avaya has made me on a couple of occasions upgrade or downgrade to firmware 4.0.4 instead of the latest for different problems. this release might be the most stable that is why they have had me do this.
As far as your problem turn on the HTTP filter and send us the monitor trace for a phone trying to upgrade. Also are you going to the IPO for the loaded J100Supgrade.txt file?
Mike

All,
I worked with an Avaya Engineer, and we consolidated our TRUSTCERTS config into one line. (46xx auto gen settings had two of our certs on separate lines in the config, and I had an internal CA cert on a separate line in the specials file.)
Once I added each of the 3 certs to a single line in the specials file, the problem was resolved. I was told that the certs can overwrite each other if separated in the config. (Even though the auto gen config..... had separate certs which I found interesting.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back