Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IX Workplace - Connectivity to IP Office directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerWoods33

Systems Engineer
Jun 11, 2019
CA
We are just starting to test out this Avaya IX Workplace softphone as we are pushing more people to work from home but I don't see a way to hook the softphone into the user extension directory that a physical deskphone can see with the directory button.
It looks like I am getting a "Contact service unavailable message". I followed the Avaya solution to fix this as I configured the softphone manually, but when I try to use the address/46xxsettings.txt for the URL to setup Avaya IX workplace, it says "Failed to parse all certificates"

I imagine if I can work through this error, I should get the proper contact list popping up.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

I *think* I had this error when I had not uploaded the whole certificate chain to the IPO

@derfloh & @davea2
So I have found an Avaya solution that does seem to relate.
The second example is what I want to reference.
I took over this environment and was not involved in the installation. The Certificate I see in Platform view, does not include the information in LAN 1 > VoIP tab. Per that solutions article, it looks like the certificate that's generated must match that tab.

I would like to regenerate but I am not sure what the implications of regenerating/applying would be. Not sure why this was setup the way it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back