Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IPOffice 9.x How to add shortcode or program button to remotely enable/disable from extension 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

akakillroy

IS-IT--Management
Jan 6, 2004
US
I want to have our IT department Mobile numbers added as extension, therefor adding them to a hunt group. For example I have extension 4418, 4423 and these are tied to my cellphone and my assistants phone. These are then added to the IT hunt group. Our normal extensions are 2218 and 2223. On the weekends we alternate being on call, so I want the ability to (from the users phone) enable/disable an extension from the IT group.

123 - Hunt Group
2223 - IT Assistant
2245 - IT Room
2233 - Computer Room
2218 - IT Admin
4418 - IT Admin Mobile
4423 - IT Assistant Mobile

From the IT Admin phone (2218) I want a button or short code where I can enable/disable the 4418 from the group, and from 2223 I want the ability to enable disable 4423 from the hunt group.
The only thing I can seem to figure out it how to program a button on my phone 2218 to enable/disable 2218 from the hunt group.
I appreciate any feedback or help. Or if there is another way to do this.

You can only control your own extension with buttons or shortcodes.

An easier solution would be to enable/disable mobile twinning on 2218 and 2223, why you need a separate extension for this?

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I was going by another tech article for adding and removing mobile numbers, I will look into that option then thank you. The idea was I wanted to place the extension in DND so it would not ring over to that extension but then rig to the corresponding mobile number based on if that user was on call that weekend.

You can build a VM Pro module that controls DND on other extensions if that's an option.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I think the twinning option will work for us thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back