Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IPO Voice Mail transfer button like on old Nortel MICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

libertyinstaller

Technical User
Jun 29, 2010
US
On an Avaya IP Office 500 V2 R9 4-TCM 8s and 2 ATA in (Daughter slots of) BD1 and BD2 Telephones are 30 T-7316 E series

I have a office full of 60+ years women and what they say "Goes". There are 18 exactly, plus 8 others between 25 and 59, the 8 "younger" users are having no problem. But the senior staff is having a hard adapting to the new way of transferring to a persons voice mailbox (VMC + the pound sign and extension).

They are asking for a simply transfer button like they had on their old Nortel MICS 7.1 system.

My question is; can I put the word "Transfer" on soft button 3 and program it to transfer calls to a VM Box? Without any extra steps! If I can do this without inserting the word "transfer" on soft button 3 let me know as well as I am sure I can convey it to the staff.

Oh, and not to offend anyone; I'm almost 60 and I'm Avaya certified. I have also spoken with the folks in Avon Lake, Ohio (Avaya certified techs know who I'm speaking about) without success.

I make a shortcode
#xxx
voicemail collect
#N

that transfers directly to the users mailbox and you don't need to waste a button.

make is VoicemailNode first then save it then change to voicemail collect otherwise it puts the "" in it wrong or put them in manually to be #"N"

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

ôThis is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

That the way I'm presently doing it and they flat out can't grasp the sequence.

put a button with # on their phone and call it transfer and enable one-touch-transfer :)
not sure if it works but it might

Joe W.

ôThis is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"

just tried it on my home system R8.1 and it works :)

Joe W.

sorry I am so excited forgot to tell you it is a regular dial button with action data #

Joe W.

It works exactly as Westi explained. I had to do it earlier today for a Nortel converted customer to give them their "Mailbox Transfer" button back.

Actually the answer to your question, no you cannot program the Transfer on the soft key, you have to move the Transfer to one of the other keys and label it on the paper label. The button and shortcode Westi explained is replaces the Feature 986 they had before with the Norstar.

One more thing, WSpence it would be nice to be able to use these soft buttons. Maybe Avaya will come through one day. Because these phones will be around for a long time as they are used heavily in Federal, State and Local government's.

Again thanks to all for your input..

Depending the phone you are using... while on the call hit the voicemail key and extension and hang up. That's what we teach on the 9500 and 9600 sets.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back