Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IPO remote hunt groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

prince78

Technical User
Dec 8, 2006
Hi

I have an Avaya IP406 at my end and another Avaya IP406 at remote office. Both are upgraded to 5.0(15). I have a requirement that when a call comes in it should ring on the local and remote hunt groups. Hunt groups are configured at both ends.

I would like to know how can I get this working.

Thank you
V

I created the VPN between the locations and can dial the extensions of remote location however I do not see the remote huntgroups on my system. I do see Redistribute hunt groups option on the IPOs.

When I check the IP Line config, I do not see Voice Networking option in 5.0(15). This option was there on 3.2 (67). I did not support this device when it was on 3.2(67) however I have the old config. My boss thinks that we were able to route the calls to remote hunt groups when it is on 3.2(67) but dont work now.

Thanks for your time.

Tick "Advertise Hunggroups" on the huntgroup.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

On your IP line there is an option "IP Office SCN"
Voice networking is gone.

ACSS IP Office
APSS IP Office
APSS UC
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Bas1234 - Yes I did ticked Advertise huntgroups

tlpeter - Yes I see IP Office SCN and selected that as well.

I did some reading on this and will I need VCM cards and any additional licensing for thsi to work?

Yes you need a vcm card in each ip406 to get a SCN working well.
Without there is no speech over the iptrunk.

ACSS IP Office
APSS IP Office
APSS UC
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

I was wondering how was that working in 3.2(67) without the VCM card? Do you think it wouldnt have worked?

if it was working then you have vcm cards.

run monitor on both systems and paste the first few lines here. it will tell you what vcm capacity you have.

ACSS-SME
Get well soon Aaron.

1mS PRN: Monitor Started IP=10.10.10.113 IP 406 DS 5.0(15) Canton406v2
1mS PRN: LAW=U PRI=0, BRI=0, ALOG=8, ADSL=0 VCOMP=5, MDM=0, WAN=0, MODU=1 LANM=0 CkSRC=0 VMAIL=1(VER=2 TYP=1) CALLS=2(TOT=4249)
327mS RES: Tue 13/4/2010 10:23:11 FreeMem=37777552(2) CMMsg=6 (8) Buff=100 595 500 1090 5 Links=6496
327mS RES: 2IP 406 DS 5.0(15) Tasks=26 RTEngine=0 CMRTEngine=0 Timer=55 Poll=0 Ready=0 CMReady=0 CMQueue=0 VPNNQueue=0 Monitor=1

Is this you are looking for or do I need to call the remote extension and capture that log?

Tom

Thanks for your input. I think this forum is much better than Catalyst support. I also checked my remote end and see 5 VCM channels as well.

Dont I need VCM cards along with VCM channels? When we bought the unit we got some licenses which included VCM channel license. I dont see any specific VCM card on the unit or on the config.

The vcms are daughter boards installed inside of the 406. You have 5 channels.

If you have advertised HG checked then you should be able to see HG from both systems...
You would need to add the users from both sites you want to ring when a call comes to the HG.

ACS- IPOffice Implement

prince. with 406 systems the channels arent licensed. they are restricted by the card, so a vcm 5= 5 channels.

with 500 it works differently and used to need licensing but no longer does depending on your firmware.

You need to have advanced networking set up. then, when you create a group, you will be able to select the members from either sytem. so you will create the group on your main site, and include members from both sites. when you tick advertise group you will be able to dial the group from either system and the group will appear in both configs.

hope that makes sense?

ACSS-SME
Get well soon Aaron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back