Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IPO - Cisco Call Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

dataquestuk

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2008
GB
I have just started trying to link a Call Manager to a Avaya IPO. I have created the VOIP Line and tested sending all over the line i get an error Icomp Disc and the call is dropped

before the configuration was done on the cisco i have a busy tone.

the call manger calling the IPO gets a 100% busy tone

Any idea's out there

I'm guessing a routing issue and not a codec any sugesstion don't matter how basic might help

thanks

The cisco guy did his bit and i did the IPO configuration so the document was followed to the T

and extension dialing giving icomp disc and the DDI pointing to the IPO gives busy

Thanks

One basic thing is that if you are using a 406 as in the document, then you do not need any additional licenses, only VCM.
But if you are trying this with an IP500, then you need license in the IPO.

I'm using 412 with a VCM 8 and the IP Line show up as working in he new System Status software

thanks
Again

What about calls going the other way?

ACS - IP Office Implement

They nickname "Call Damager" didn't come from nowhere!! lol

IPO - CM = ICOMP Disc disconect

CM - IPO = BUSY

What type of dialling is the Call Manager expecting, overlap or en bloc...as the IPO does overlap if still default. Is there any way of directly connecting to rule out routing?

Also if the network is Cisco routers/switches have the H323 fixups been removed?

The call Manger is sending DDI to the IPO via H323 trunk and the avaya has an H323 Truck which should recive these calls and send to an ICR route to a User or a group

I will check the Cisco routers/switches have the H323 fixups been removed

Ip trunks do not use the ICR !!!
Straight from the helpfile

Calls received on IP, S0 and QSIG trunks do not use incoming call routes. Routing for these is based on incoming number received as if dialed on-switch. Line short codes on those trunks can be used to modify the incoming digits.

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

so are you saying to do all the routing for calls recieved over this line via line>shortcodes?

He's saying anything coming over thr IP Line is treated like a handset, so if 5678 is dialled over the IP link it's the same as someone on the IP Office dialling 5678 (matching system shortcodes) the line shortcodes do as system shortcodes would do and can change 5678 to 1234 if you want or *17 or whatever...it's just SCN with a different system.

blindin

cheers guys

system shortcodes also dont need a reboot which is better

Tested this on an In house IPO to IPO and this works we have a ddi on system a going over scn to an IP handset and also chucked a DDI at a AA and we used the system short code worked 100%

next step try this with the cisco

Now i can dial the Call Manager no one pick's up the phone but it's going over the IP line

Call From the call manger give me a busy tone

Trace Log shows

84759609mS H323Evt: v=0 stacknum=250 State, new=NullState, old=NullState id=-1
84759621mS PRN: H323Sap::NullStateDLData --- Non-setup message addresses to a non-existing call. Message ignored.
84764843mS CMExtnRxP: v=26
CMShortCode
Line: type=NoLine 0 Call: lid=0 id=-1 in=0
ShortCode GetSystemInfo (99) = []
BC: CMTC=Speech CMTM=Circuit CMTR=64 CMST=Default CMU1=ALaw

each time i call in

Short Code

SC = 02704564980
FE = Dial EXT or Dial Tried Both
Num = phone extension 9717
LG = 5 ip Line also tried 0

SC = 564980